Employment Opportunities | Current Position Openings
First Minnetonka City Bank is a locally owned, independent community bank that offers the same wealth of products and services as larger banks, yet provides the high-quality customer service that other banks forget. Since our inception in 1964, we have served the banking needs of many families and local businesses, and have partnered with them to foster our community's growth and prosperity. In fact, this dedication to our community is a cornerstone of our mission, and drives everything we do.
Current Position Openings
Bank Teller - Customer Service
We are looking for a bank teller with an outgoing personality who has good attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills. First Minnetonka City Bank hires team players who are friendly, dependable and flexible.
Bank tellers process a variety of customer service transactions received via mail, phone and in-person, which may include:
- taking payment and deposit transactions
- cashing checks
- filling coin orders
- issuing money orders and cashier's checks
- redeeming U.S. Savings bonds and foreign currency
A successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of one year related customer service experience, preferably in an office environment
- Bank teller experience is not required but one year prior cash handling experience is required and must be comfortable handling and being responsible for cash in a professional and confidential setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Basic math skills are required to balance cash drawer and verify that all currency/coin taken in and given out is equal to the amounts entered on the teller terminal
- Be flexible and rotate between working on teller line and in the drive thru
- Greet customers promptly and provide courteous customer service
- Provide efficient and accurate customer service and conduct business in a professional, friendly manner and by building long-term customer relationships
- Learn and maintain bank product knowledge and stay current on rules and regulations which affect bank operations
- Identify potential problems such as counterfeit currency, check forgeries, check kiting and robberies and seek assistance and direction from Bank Teller Supervisor and/or Senior Bank Tellers
- Scan and thoroughly review transactions and prepare related paperwork for the bookkeeping department
- Safeguard bank assets by maintaining proper currency/coin level in drawer, buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary, keeping cash secure and organized, and meeting transaction standards
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at teller line
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery is necessary. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Windows-based systems is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, attentiveness, and information retention
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Professional/business casual attire is required
- Must be willing to perform other duties as they are assigned
Bank tellers typically are scheduled for 36-40 hours per week between the hours of Monday through Friday 6:45am – 6:15pm and at least two Saturdays per month 8:00am – 12:30pm with half a day off during the week. SHIFTS WILL VARY
Must be able to work at both of our branch offices located in Minnetonka
- Glen Lake Office -- 14550 Excelsior Blvd
- Country Village Office -- 11500 Hwy 7
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your PAY REQUIREMENTS if you wish to be considered for a teller position at an established, family-owned, independent community bank. This position is full-time and offers a benefit package including paid holidays, insurance benefits and paid-time off.
First Minnetonka City Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.